The birth of a child is an exciting time for parents and families alike, but experiencing a birth injury can quickly turn that excitement into trauma. Although most infants are delivered without incident, we know that even the most experienced healthcare professionals are not immune to error. Mistakes in the delivery room can cause perfectly healthy infants to suffer a devastating birth injury that follows them for life.
About Birth Injury Medical Malpractice
Many common birth injuries are caused by either negligence or carelessness of healthcare professionals. Common birth injury medical errors include:
• Failure to anticipate birth complications
• Failure to respond to an irregular fetal heartbeat
• Failure to realize that the umbilical cord is wrapped around the baby’s neck
• Failure to provide proper prenatal care
• Failure to perform proper delivery procedures
The experienced birth injury attorneys at Zevan Davidson Roman have earned a reputation for winning complex birth injury and medical malpractice cases across Missouri and Illinois. Although no trial victory or compensation can erase the lasting effects of a birth injury, we’ll work with you to alleviate the day-to-day challenges it causes.
Common Birth Injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy or Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy
- Shoulder dystocia
- Spastic quadriplegia
If your child has been affected by a preventable birth injury, contact our St. Louis medical malpractice attorneys right away. Waiting to seek legal representation can prevent you from filing a claim and receiving the compensation you deserve.