As many as 700,000 Americans suffer from a stroke each year, making it one of the leading causes of death and disability. A stroke, or cerebrovascular accident, occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain. This interrupted blood flow kills brain cells and can cause permanent brain damage.
Common Stroke Symptoms
Many patients visit hospitals showing symptoms of strokes, but are not tested for them. This negligence can have devastating effects on your long-term health and should not be ignored.
Although stroke symptoms are clear, they may also be linked to other conditions, such as migraines, seizures or even the flu. You need an experienced legal team to work on your case and identify whether or not medical malpractice took place.
Common stroke symptoms include:
- Sudden numbness of the face, arm or leg (generally on one side of the body)
- Sudden weakness or loss of movement of the face, arm or leg
- Sudden vision changes, in one or both eyes
- Sudden difficulty speaking
- Sudden confusion or trouble understanding
- Sudden difficulty walking
If you have been wrongfully injured as a result of a stroke misdiagnosis, then contact our St. Louis stroke attorneys right away. Waiting to seek legal representation can prevent you from filing a claim and receiving the compensation you deserve.